Saturday, March 28, 2009

In the beginning...

I feel like the first episode of 'Lost' right now in that this is a fresh start to something new and I don't really know what's about to go down. I don't know if this is just going to be something I do for a few months and realize that it's not for me or if this is something that I continue to do for a while.
For those who don't know me and might happen to read this, I will do a short bio to basically catch any and everyone up to my current situation. I was born in Corpus Christi and moved to the Hill Country of Texas when I was 7. It was there that I grew to be the person I am now. I grew to love my wonderful family, had some of the BEST experiences I've ever had in high school there, and lastly I made some of the coolest, funnest, most entertaining friends in the world (to say the least). After graduation I moved to the great city of San Antonio where I attend the University of Texas @ San Antonio (GET ROWDY!). I love San Antonio for the fact that it's multi-functional. It has great mexican food resturaunts, wonderful downtown festivities, and just a mixture of many cultures; it has a real small town feel to it which I like.
I love media, ALL kinds of it. I have such a broad taste in music, a real passion for movies, and I just can't get enough video games so I will spend a lot of time on here just giving my thoughts on any of those 3 things as well sharing any interesting stories that might come up on my day-to-day activities. Now that I have all the basics out I guess I will start with a real posting.
So I was getting off work the other day (I work at Lifetime Fitness) and as I walked out the door I see a Bentley driving towards me. This isn't too too weird because I work at one the pricier gyms on the wealthier side of town, but the thing that blew my mind was the lady that was driving it. She is one of our usual customers that comes into the gym basically everyday and she is really really nice and I just thought it was awesome that someone with that kind of money was that nice. So the next day she comes in and (like always) I was joking with her and told her I saw her driving that Bentley and asked who she stole it from. She just said, "Oh that's just one of our 14 cars". My mouth dropped because that ONE car was worth than anything I've ever owned in my life combined x5. I continued to ask her about her other cars and told her that she needed to invite us (me and my other co-workers) over for dinner sometime and she told us that she would when they got done building their new house. A multi-million dollar house with a 16 car garage, no biggie right? Now I'm all excited to go to her house and just feel the what it's like to be rich, like Rick James rich. But anywho that was just a fun story from my last week at work.
Now being the movie lover I am, it really sucks that I'm always busy with something that takes my time away from being about to go to the theatre. Here's a little list of some movies I still want to see: 'Taken', 'Watchmen', 'I Love You, Man', 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button', 'Friday the 13th', and 'Valkyrie'. Most the time I just download the movies when they get close to release on DVD (thank God for torrents), so I end up seeing them a little later. I also download ones that I haven't seen before and other people tell me are good, like I'm still in the process of watching the 'Band of Brothers' episodes which I download in Blu-Ray and I recently saw 'Roadhouse' which was one kick as flick. On top of that I got a couple of movies for my collection that I liked (Role Models and Quantum of Solace). If you have any suggestion for new or old movies then send them my way and if I haven't seen them then I will be sure to do it. Ohh and I almost forgot but the movie I've been waiting on for some time now is X-Men Origins: Wolverine because 1. Wolverine is a BAMF and 2. It was Gambit which is by far my favorite comic book hero. Check the vid.


Videos games, like I mentioned before, is another love of mine. I'm really into First-Person Shooters, Adventure/Thrillers, Sports, and music games. I've been really hooked on Call of Duty: World and War as of late. I'm uber competitive, especially when it comes to Xbox Live game play. I play to win and that's one of the best and worst things about me. I'm about to get Guitar Hero: Metallica. YEEEEEAH! Check out that link and make sure to watch in HD. I'm not some huge metal head but Metallica is one of the best rock bands of all time so yeah there you go. Another game I'm excited for is Ninja Blade which is going to be a ninja version of God of War. I played the demo and it is tizzight. Another link for those who care. If you wanna play with me the add my gamertag on XBL is o C UN1T o
I guess this is going to be it for my first post. I will be back on here again when I have more to talk about. Comment and toooodles. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes Guitar Hero and X-Men...yum...

Austinienne said...

You should be more excited about the Beatles Rock Band.

Milson said...

I don't currently have Rock Band so 1 music game is enough for me although I'm more bummed that I missed out on that AC/DC Rock Band game.

Jonah said...

DUDE awesome on all accounts. But you KNOW we have to go see wolverine... i was so upset gambit didn't make the cut but when i saw an xmen origins poster with that charged card i seriously spoojed my pants. that's truth. i still have the stain. member when we used to go watch lotr and sneak into the matrix? ahhhh yes.

anyway you should def take that chick up on the offer. tell her you played king herod in the ingram production of jcs, so you're pretty much a big deal. she should probably give you a couple bentleys.

Milson said...

I KNOW RIGHT! SHIIIIT when I get my Bentley's I'll be sure to roadtrip up to Cambridge and party with you like serious gangsta's.